Sunday, September 23, 2007

projects and colds
















We've spent the last two weekends doing projects around the house. I started painting the kitchen/hallway and did more painting on the murral in one of our playrooms. Tony put in french doors in our living room and hung a light fixture. A lot of the daycare children have colds and I started with it last week..I am feeling much better now though. Eli has it, but is recovering now. He scared us the other night though; I heard him crying in the middle of the night and went in his room to find him inhaling and exhaling really loudly, like he was struggling to breathe. Tony started the shower and we brought Eli in the bathroom to breathe in the steam...that helped a little, but not a lot. I then took him outside and his breathing started to normalize again. Seems he gets that with his colds. This happend a different time when we were living in Rhinelander and the doctor there told me it sounded like croup, and then told me ways to help his breathing...steam and cold outside air. I am VERY happy to say Eli is fine now, he just has a stuffy nose.




Happy fall to everyone!! The leaves haven't started turning yet, but we hear it's beautiful when they do. In a couple of weeks we are headed to Grants Pass to visit my cousin (Kristy) and her family. They are only about an hour from California so we are going to go hiking in the redwoods..... we are looking foward to that!!

3 comments:

Bernie said...

Glad to hear your little guy is breathing easier, and I suppose you are, too.

Nice painting.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad, too, that Eli's getting better. The new paint looks great, and I love the French doors! Can't wait to see the changes in person. -Cori

Eileen said...

Wow! I'm really happy you didn't forget the green and the gold. This is the year of the Packers! The painting, doors and cute mural are excellent and I bet the kids love it. That little model with the camoflage pants is ectra cute too.